Monday, February 13, 2012

P.F. Chang's Lettuce Wrap Knock-Offs

So I have never actually been to P.F. Changs, BUT I hear that these lettuce wraps are basically better than the restaurant. I know you may not believe it, but I do because I will admit, they are DIVINE. My sister gave me the "recipe"..although it was more like "put a dash of this and a squirt of that"...So I will try to put some numbers to it. Really just taste it as you go along, and add more of any flavor that you like the most :)







Lettuce Wraps


Ingredients:

1 whole Yellow onion
1 large carrot
1 whole package Ground chicken, turkey, or pork (I used pork)
1 clove garlic (you can put 2 if you really like the garlic flavor)
3-4 TBSP Hoisin Sauce
1 TBSP oyster sauce ( I didn't use this because I don't like the flavor much)
2 TBSP soy sauce
1-2 tbsp lime/lemon juice ( I used lime)
Several shakes of chili powder
2 Tsp Chili powder
2 Tsp Ginger ( I put more like 4-5 tsp. I really like the flavor of ginger)
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 small zucchini
1 red pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce



Directions:
1. Sautee diced onion and carrot until soft ( in about 1 tbsp of sesame oil)
2. Add ground meat and cook until almost done.
3. Add garlic, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime/lemon, chili powder, ginger, and brown sugar.
4. Food process zucchini and red pepper, add to meat, and cook until most of the water has boiled off (5-10 minutes) This adds color and texture.
5. Let sit for a few minutes for the meat to reabsorb the rest of the moisture before serving.
6. Wrap meat in a leaf of lettuce and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. aaaahhh, pf changs' lettuce wraps are delicious! i am definitely going to try this recipe. :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete