Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Absolutely positively 100% fresh salsa!

 SO. today I really was in the mood to make something absolutely deliciously yummy. Oh wait, I am always in that mood. But seriously, today was sunny, and I was hungry, so I made a quick trip to Smith's (well, as quick as it could be with my own 2 legs..), bought a conglomeration of tasty vegetables, and threw them all in my food processor...quite literally :) Here is my new found recipe for absolutely positively 100% fresh salsa!!! Yum yum yum. I am SO in love with my food processor. Seriously, its kind of a problem. If that little beauty ever leaves me, it would take my heart right with it. I'm hoping our relationship lasts a good long time.
Anyway enjoy the salsa! Let me know of any suggestions you may have...I am always looking for new ideas.


All processed!!

Num num num. I could eat this all day long. Oh wait, I just did.

This is my very best friend. Seriously, it has saved my life many a time. Isn't it cute?? :)

Ingredients:

3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 small cloves garlic, minced
3 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and seeds removed, chopped
2 hot chile peppers, Serrano or Jalapeno, finely chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons lime juice (or lots more...whatever you prefer :)
salt and pepper

Preparation:
Put chopped onion and garlic in a strainer; pour 2 cups boiling water over them then let drain throughly. Discard water. Cool.
Combine onions and garlic with chopped tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper in food processor. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours to blend flavors.
Makes about 2 cups of salsa.




No comments:

Post a Comment